Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Never waste a rainy day!

This week we're having those April showers that are sure to bring flowers in May (which is a good thing), and I probably won't be riding my bike in the next few days (which is a not-so-good thing).  So after work today I took it to a bike shop a few towns over to have the front tire replaced.  This tire has developed some sort of bump or bubble which is somewhat annoying when riding. For the last few months in 2010 I just ignored it, but I didn't want to face this season with a burr under my saddle.

I had never been to this particular shop before, and I expected to be put in queue with the rush of spring tune-ups.  I was completely prepared to be sans bicyclette for a few days but to my surprise, the young gentleman who looked at it said he could replace it while I waited.  Of course, while waiting I wandered around the shop and ogled every imaginable bike and accessory.  Yes, if I was a wealthy soul I would buy all the clothes and car racks and indoor training mounts and....  Well, I wiped the drool from my chin before he brought out my trusty 3-speed.  It's ready for the road now and so am I.  As I settled my bill, my shiny blue Schwinn garnered some compliments from the (male) athletic-types who were waiting for their performance bikes.  They even liked the old rack on the back fender ;)
 
There's nothing like a classic.
 
 
 
By the way, if you didn't see my previous post regarding a healthy giveaway, please check it out here!  The drawing is on Sunday, April 17th at 7:00pm :)

3 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

I'm glad your trusty Schwinn is back in fighting trim! Happy cycling!

Maria said...

You have a Schwinn? Love that!

MyStory of HiStory said...

It's raining as i type here this morning .... Lovely steady spring showers. I was out & about early this morning buying summer bulbs and with the rain we've been having, the soil should be nice & moist when I go plant them. As the saying goes...April showers bring May flowers :) Kudos for getting your bike to the shop early --- now when you're ready to ride, your bike will be too :)