Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Looking forward

On April 5th, 2010, I was riding on the bike path. It was a sunny and warm day. I'm guessing that once this rainy spell passes, I'll be out there again :) I've brought my bike up from the basement and checked the tires. We're both ready to go!

I have decided to forgo my deck container garden in favor of supporting the local farmers markets. My deck is total sunshine reflected off light grey siding, which means the planters dry out too quickly while I'm away. Rather than go into details and excuses ;) I'll just opt for buying from the local farmers. I enjoy getting fresh produce at the market, and can buy just what I need for the week. Besides, their tomatoes are ready soooo much earlier than mine :)

My trip last weekend was postponed, and I'll be heading north this weekend, instead. It's going to be a whirlwind weekend, but I hope to stop at one of my favorite places. I've got my camera charged and my bag packed!

I've had a very busy month on etsy. I never realized how much is involved! It's hard to take decent photos if you don't have good natural light streaming through your windows!

It just occurred to me the other day that I'm on the last of the frozen berries from last summer. I had several large zip-style bags in the freezer, but now there's just one half bag of blueberries remaining from my pick-your-own trips to Jones Berry Farm. They taste soooo good with my morning oatmeal. And they remind me of what's ahead :)

Can you believe that we are already into April!?! Isn't it great ;)

5 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

I'm looking forward to the local farmers market reopening. I feel your pain about a super sunny deck and hauling water to try and keep everything moist...

MyStory of HiStory said...

I'm anxious for fresh berries and bike rides out in the fresh air too! :) Hope you have a lovely road trip this weekend.

Yiota said...

Enjoy your trip!
I'm so excited it's April! I love spring!

Laura said...

I think we all have to pick and choose our priorities, I often wonder if my gardening dollars, blood, sweat and tears would be better spent on local produce and the preservation of it, this year I am going to attemp a combo of both. The blueberries will be in season next month here in Florida and I plan to stock up.
Enjoy your biking, you will have more time to do it!!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi folks,
I think we're all "looking forward", aren't we :)

Hi Laura,
I envy that you'll be enjoying fresh blues next month!
I agree with what you say about priorities, and supporting local produce. I won't forget how to garden. I'll just be focusing on other things for a while :)