Saturday, March 19, 2011

9 left

If my eyes hadn't gotten tired last night, I would have stitched on the 9 more pieces that will complete the medallion motif in the center block of my quilt top. But sometimes you know when it's time to stop. So there are 191 pieces appliqued on the fabric and those 9 more will be done before the weekend is over.

For any new readers, this quilt top is appliqued with flowers made from vintage aprons and housedresses. My goal is to make something beautiful to honor the women who toiled to make happy, healthy, beautiful homes with clothing that was once theirs. (Note: only aprons and dresses that are not in good vintage condition were cut for this project.)

This is the center block after last month's FNSI......








And this morning......









I'll be starting the corner blocks this week. They each have a bouquet of appliqued flowers, much smaller than the center medallion.

A grilled cheese sandwich with a spinach and tomato salad made for a satisfying start to the evening. There was an extra bonus of being able to have the doors and windows open, letting in that fresh air to push out the staleness of winter. By the way, for anyone in the northern U.S. and Canada: there's supposed to be an extra bright and large full moon tonight. On the radio, they're calling it a "Super Moon". Watch for it tonight!

Later today I'll be blog-hopping to see what everyone was working on last night during the March Friday Night Sew-In. There are a lot of inspirational crafters out there.
Have a wonderful Saturday :)

9 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Wow...how beautiful! You got a lot sewn last night!!! The quilt is going to be stunning...

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi I.M.
Throughout the month I did some work on it, a few pieces at a time. But I did get a bit done last night.
Thanks for stopping by!

Mug said...

Bee-You-Tee-Ful!! What an heirloom you are going to have! Sounds like a LOVELY evening with simple & healthy "comfort food" for supper, fresh spring air whisking through your home, and the bonus of an on-going creative and worthwhile project to work on!

Shay said...

I've been wondering how you've been going on this. Looks like heaps of progress has been made since I last visited.

Looking fabulous!

Lana said...

Oh wow...so much work...and you do such a lovely job. I wish I had that talent...very nice. :)

farmlady said...

I can't wait to see the results of your hard work. The center piece is beautiful.
What a great idea this is.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thanks, friends!

I hope that you'll see a completed quilt top after next month's FNSI!

MyStory of HiStory said...

WOW! You have been BUSY! That's so pretty. Such bold/vibrant colors & detail!

supermom said...

Okay... WOW, just WOW. I don't know how I missed this post when I was blog hopping after FNSI. This is so beautiful. Looking forward to next FNSI to see how it'll progress.