Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Here's to health!

You all must know me pretty well by now. Well enough to know that my interests are varied. I will spend an evening scouting the culinary blogs looking for a new slant on food. I may have spinach smoothies for breakfast for several days straight, then switch to baked oatmeal. I join online challenges that catch my interest. My hobbies range from vintage, crafts, weather, herbs and medicine, history, biking, to leaving a smaller ecological footprint. In celebration of my two years here, I hosted giveaways that reflected vintage, sewing, and crafts. This one is in celebration of the earth and nutrition. For your health and enjoyment, I am offering some varied certified organic seed packets. For a chance to plant these in your garden, please leave a comment on this post. I will choose one person at random on Sunday April 17th.



Bouquet Dill, Garden Sorrel, and Red Kuri Winter Squash

Try something different this year!




After you have finished playing in the dirt, you can clean up with Vermont Goat's Milk Soap from Elmore Mountain Farm. It's made with ingredients you can pronounce, and the Peppermint and Eucalyptus bar smells wonderful!



Whether you have a few planters on your patio or a large garden out back, if you can find room for a few herbs please enter a comment on this post for a chance to have these sent to you. The lucky gardener will be chosen on Sunday, April 17th at 7:00 pm :)
(Full disclosure: I have no association whatsoever with these companies. I am sharing some products with you that I find interesting and useful.)


And don't forget about this month's Friday Night Sew-In on April 15th! (Heidi has set up the post for sign-ups.) I haven't done much stitching this month so you know what I'll be doing for the next few nights ;)


I'll tell you all about my mini getaway tomorrow. I've still got to unpack and get settled in for the night. We're back to work tomorrow! I hope your weekend was as wonderful as mine was!

3 comments:

Brad K. said...

The squash and sorrel look great! And I can think of a couple of good uses for soap and for the dill as well.

Thanks!

Yiota said...

Oh, me, me! Please random generator, pick me!
Thanks for the chance!
Take Care!

Wendy said...

What a perfect time to think of planting ;). I just received my Johnny Seed order, but I didn't order any herbs ... which always make a nice addition to the garden ;).