Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sweet things

Some years ago this pinafore must have made a little girl very happy. It turned up during my visit to a secondhand shop last Sunday. It's a very light cotton blend. The lace is starting to come loose at the hem and there are some small, barely noticeable rust colored stains here and there. It was definitely well worn.









Going on the feeling that all the pink and lavender is what little girls love, I restyled it into a dress for my granddaughter's doll. In my stash was a piece of lavender rickrack, just big enough to trim the hem and neckline.










Tomorrow morning it will be in the mail. Speedy delivery! :)

8 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

How precious! Your granddaughter is a lucky girl!

Wendy said...

Awesome! My girls would be giddy over something like that. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it ;).

Mug said...

Ohhh...How beautiful! She can't help but love it, Farmgal!

farmlady said...

What a wonderful idea. I'm just learning to re-purpose old clothing and you are an inspiration to me.
Keep up the good work....

MyStory of HiStory said...

That SO sweet. So cute!

Mug said...

Well, I could've sworn I commented on this post last night, but apparently not...makes me wonder where that comment went...

Anyway, your granddaughter is going to absolutely love this little dress! You never cease to amaze me with your chic "recycling"...how with a few simple "adjustments" you creat a whole new thing :)

Maria said...

Your granddaughter is going to love it! So cute!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thank you all very much for the kind words.

It was easy and made from the heart :)