Sunday, February 6, 2011

Productive weekend

We finally caught a break with a missed winter storm. The mess that was supposed to start on Saturday morning never materialized. I had prepared for the worst and planned on staying in all weekend to putter in fabrics and read, which is exactly what happened.

Saturday started with a few cups of coffee, a cleaned kitchen, a batch of lavosh, and dried garbanzos soaking to make falafel.










On Sunday I dashed off to some secondhand stores looking for unusual fabrics and such needed to go to the grocery store so I made an extra stop, just for fun.


I also cut out a few dozen of these....




So I could start sewing them on this....



Now I'm going to cook up some wild rice to use during the week, then I'll sit back down with a needle and thread to see about getting a few more leaves on the quilt.

I hope you had a great weekend, and that the sun was shining on you today!

3 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Cooking and sewing... what could possibly be more fun? Love weekends like that...

MyStory of HiStory said...

Productive indeed & the extra stop does sound fun!

Mug said...

Reading, cooking and sewing DOES sound fun...& the extra stop as well! Like your phrase...."putter in fabrics"...:-)