Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Almost

I love this picture. It was in those baskets I rummaged through a few weeks ago. It's a shame that there's no name or date written on the back, but this proud farmer and his herd really struck a cord with me. He worked hard, taking care of the cows, and he liked what he did. I can just barely make out a smile on his face in the photo. Guessing by the length of the shadows and that he's not wearing a hat, it must be getting closer to Spring. The trees are not yet in bud, but some of the snow has melted on higher spots in the field. The sun must have felt good that day.





I smiled when I looked at the barnyard, remembering what it's like to walk on gloppy ground that froze unevenly where heavy animals walk. It can be a hair-raising experience ;)

Temperatures are rising, the days are getting longer. Keep smiling, folks. Spring will soon be here and the cows will be back out in the fields.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments: