Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weather troubles Tuesday

All the weather predictions were for a "mixed bag" of weather for today, and we're still on pins and needles as to what will ultimately transpire. We've had some light snow but it's changing to sleet and freezing rain sooner than expected causing multiple spinouts this morning. My lunch is packed and I'll be leaving for work soon, where everyone's thoughts will be on the weather outside, naturally ;) The temps will be warming as the day goes on, however the storm drains are nowhere to be seen. They're still covered by mountains of frozen snow from the last storm. I'm bringing rainboots in the car.....just in case.

4 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Here too. It's snowing as I type. Another snow day for us. Do drive/walk carefully!

Maria said...

I wore my rainboots and forgot my shoes! Oh well. The ride in wasn't too bad - I came in for 10:00, but I'm leaving early, just in case it starts to refreeze. This is going to be a Doozy of a winter here in CT.......More snow expected for Friday....WTH!

farmlady said...

I would guess that your motto in New England, this winter, is Be Prepared. You have had a lot of bad weather and the news tells us that it's more than usual this year.
Take care and, along with those rainboots, keep some water, nuts and crackers in the car too....Just in case.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone. Yes, it's been a winter to remember! Yesterday's snow/freezing rain/rain melted some snow but created amazing puddles in areas where the storm drains are still covered ~:#

It has been interesting, indeed!