Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Steppin' out


Let me introduce two of my favorite "finds" from last fall. First, a sweet pair of vintage Red Cross Shoes from around the late 1950's.












This was only the second time I've been able to score vintage shoes that actually fit! Usually I will stumble across a nice older pair in great condition about two sizes too small. But these dressy pumps actually carried me to two Christmas parties, lasting the entire night without causing distressed toes :)








The heels were just high enough to be formal, but not so high as to be uncomfortable. My second pair is a grey set from the sixties that need some attention before I wear them out (slight scuffing of the finish), and will be better suited as shoes for the office. I especially like them with slacks. I'll be taking them to the cobbler later this month to ask for advice on repairing the scuffs.











Pricing was great on both these, at just a few dollars each.


They'll be staying home for the winter, what with wet weather, slush, and salt on the pavement. But come spring, they'll be out and about. So, if you notice someone strolling down the street, sidestepping puddles....take a look at her shoes ;)



Happy Thursday, folks. I hope you're having a great day!







2 comments:

Courtney at Scattering Lupines said...

I like the gray ones... but the idea of the Red Cross shoes is enchanting! Neat finds!

farmlady said...

These two pairs of shoes take me back to my "working" days, when I was young and I could work (on my feet) for 8 hours selling clothing in tight mini skirts and high heels. Actually not "high" heels. I was (I'm) very tall and I always wore heels that were no more that 2 inches high. Oh, those days are gone. Now it's Berkies, boots and tennies with inserts. Ah, youth.
Love both pairs of these shoes. Great post.