Sunday, January 30, 2011

souvenirs, of the tasty kind

One of the precious treasures I brought back from visiting family was this box of home canned summer goodness, which was the first thing I carried into the house upon my return this afternoon. It holds a jar of apple chutney, two of plum jam, and one of canned plums in a very light syrup. All of these were from trees on my oldest son's property. We had some plums with vanilla ice cream last night and it was Oh, So Good! In the middle of winter, how wonderful it is to have treats from your harvest.





To the bottom of each jar, every spoonful will bring treasured memories.

6 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Oh YUMM! Glad you're back safe & sound :)

Maria said...

Sounds delicious! Enjoy! I hope you had a wonderful vacation!

Impera_Magna said...

I love summer produced preserved for the winter months... I'm enjoying peach and blueberry jams during these chilly days!

Yiota said...

great! plum jam sounds like a real treat!
love the photo below!
take care!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hello folks,
....I've already opened one jam :)

Hello Impera_Magna,
Homemade peach jam might be one of the best treats ever! Lucky you!!!

Mug said...

Oh YUM!!