Monday, January 24, 2011

Packed

My bags are packed, the car gas tank has been filled, and the battery in my camera is fully charged. I may be on the road in the wee hours of the morning depending on the weather. (I'm trying to go before the next snowstorm.) For the rest of the week I''ll be visiting family and friends in northern VT. This trip is so looonnng overdue. I've been missing all my northern family, and need to hug my grandchildren :) I also plan to stop at some of my favorite secondhand and thrift shops. Spring will be here before we're ready and I've got some re-style ideas that I want to stich up for office and casual wear.





These are the gifts of homemade vanilla which I started last Autumn and will be bringing to family this week. I left one vanilla bean in each jar so the recipients can use it however they choose.


It smells wonderful!!!






There are also two baggies of homemade dog biscuits that I'll deliver to my furry, four-legged friends.




I'll try to post some photos while I'm there, but just in case...




Have a Wonderful Week!!!




6 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Safe travels!

Maria said...

Enjoy your road trip - be careful with the crazy weather......and hug those grandkids tight!

farmlady said...

Have a great trip. Enjoy your family and take some great snow pictures.
I love those dog biscuits and I can smell the homemade vanilla from here.

MyStory of HiStory said...

Road trips are fun! Drive carefully & have a wonderful time hugging your grandkids, giving your gifts, visiting & shopping.

Sandy said...

Have an awesome trip. I need to check out how to do the vanilla extract. It looks fabulous. Safe travels.

Mug said...

Can't wait to see or hear about what you find in those vintage shoppes!

I would love to get the "how-to's" for your homemade vanilla, FarmGal!

And...I believe it is "meatloaves" since we have several "loaves" of bread...but one "loaf"...It's some sort of rula about this, but I'm drawing a blamk...Lupines may know:)

Have a lovley trip!