Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, new recipes

I had to start off the year with something new in the kitchen, so I went through a pile (really) of recipes and found this basic cracker on Towards Sustainability. Since crackers are so easy and rewarding, I got out the mixing bowl.







Only four ingredients!



The dough turned out very soft and silky even though it first appeared sticky.





A few minutes later the first two trays were in the oven. The aluminum foil lining the tray has been used before and will be reused again and again ;)







...for a total of five trays. Some plain, some with poppy seeds, and (my favorites) with kosher salt. These are a very plain (mild) cracker that will go very nicely with a spiced up dip or hummus. Definitely one to make again! I see a few other recipes on Julie's blog that I would love to try soon.

While I'm not going to promise to try a new recipe each week, I will be doing A LOT of experimenting in the kitchen again this year ;)


(Update, both canine recipients of the Homemade Dog Biscuits thoroughly enjoyed their Christmas gifts. I'll be bringing another batch and the printed recipe to their owners when I visit later this month.)

2 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Wow - those turned out great & you make it sound so easy :)

The Curious Cat said...

ooo they look good! :) xxx healthy too?