Monday, January 17, 2011

It was a quiet weekend

This weekend was meant to follow its own course of action, with as few obligations as possible. And by golly, it was a success. My car went in the shop for an alignment and a quick check before an upcoming drive heading North. Thankfully, the service technicians found nothing major to be repaired or replaced, so my checkbook is still intact :)

My mother wanted to make a batch of cookies for me to take to family on that trip, so we baked up those wonderful Italian cookies with the anisette icing. She kept a few, I gave some to a neighbor, and there's a bunch securely packaged and sitting in the bottom of my fridge (where I won't start nibbling on them ;)

Other than that, I've got a clean house, clean clothes, and some prepared simple meals. I was able to catch up with friends via phone, and found some interesting episodes to watch on the History channel online.

I don't have to rush around for groceries since I'm enjoying my little kitchen pantry. By keeping basic supplies on hand and packaged leftovers in the freezer, I stop at the store less frequently. And when I do stop to get fresh produce and milk, I skip the entire middle section of the store. That's an added bonus.

I hope you were all able to enjoy a slower and relaxing weekend! You deserve it!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Those are my hubby's favorite cookies - anginette's! Since he wasn't around this weekend (pittsburgh game), I was able to enjoy my pantry too - I got a lot of cooking done for this week's meals, so the week should go by rather smoothly!

lisa said...

Safe travels...I do the same at the grocery store.. And since we have been doing that Russ and I have lost weight.. Don't you love it when you can pick up your car from the mechanics and you don't have to shell out the money.. That is such a blessing..Lisa

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Maria,
It was a good weekend to stay in and get things those meals prepared. I hope your week goes well!

Hi Lisa,
That middle section of the store is where our problems start, isn't it?!

Thanks for stopping by :)