Sunday, January 23, 2011

How many

I'm always curious about the vintage aprons that I've found over the years. I wonder how many fried chicken dinners were cooked while they were being worn....








...how many meatloafs.....



....and birthday cakes....







....how many handkerchiefs were tucked into those pockets, and wiped dirt off little faces....



....how many times were hands wiped on it before holding a shining report card....



...how many hugs were given....



...and received :)

5 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

what a charming and heartfelt post...i LOVED this...it just made me HAPPY.....

i collect vintage aprons too...but your words...
describe why i like them so much perfectly...

kary and teddy
xxx

Maria said...

Love this post, because I too love aprons......they remind me of my Nonni. I wear the long kind of apron, over the head style. She wore the button up the front style with pockets.....and she made a lot of meatballs with her apron on!!!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Kary,
I'm glad you enjoyed this. There's a mystique about the women who wore them. And it's great that they're making a comeback. ;)

Hi Maria,
...and I'll bet there was a lot of love in those meatballs, and everything that she cooked!

Mug said...

Love, love, love aprons!!! I have one reminiscient of the fifties that my mother wore. i wear whenever we have family get-togethers...My ndaughter and nieces never fail to lovingly make fun of me:)
...and i love your "wonderings" about them....oh the stories they could tell!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Mug,
Thanks for stopping by!


...by the way, does anyone know if I spelled that right or wrong? Is it "meatloafs" or "meatloaves"???