Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Done, and done!


I didn't meet my expectations to get all the culinary gifts completed for gifting this season but, in retrospect, I think my expectations were too high. I will save the recipes for homemade fudge and caramels for next year. I did, however, make a quick batch of Avalanche Bark from Your Home Based Mom as quick gifts for some co-workers. This candy is gooood, with a peanut butter cup kinda taste. Mmmmmmm. (Note: I renamed it 'Reindeer Nuggets' and signed the zipper baggies from Dancer, Prancer, Blitzen, etc. It was well appreciated :)


I finished and wrapped the scarflet for my friend and hope she likes it. I used a vintage button for the closure. The Homespun yarn is definitely something I'll use again for future gifts. I love the soft, new-kitten feel to it.




So all the holiday cards and long distance packages were shipped last week, the co-workers have been gifted, and all that's left is to wrap my mother's gifts and get ready for dinner on Christmas Eve with family. I'm anxious for the Christmas Day phone calls to my grandchildren to hear their happy voices tell about all their treasures :) It is a wonderful season, made special by family and friends, and especially you, out there. Thank you for stopping by. I'm hoping you are ready to sit back, put your feet up, and enjoy a mid-winters nap ;)

4 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

The scarflet turned out really nice! & cutie idea ...reindeer nuggets.

Yiota said...

The scarflet is very beautiful and well done for all the presents you've made even if you didn't do everything you wanted. I didn't finish mine either :(
Thanks for the lovely comment on my last post; and I'm afraid I couldn't write a book with my thoughts: English is a foreign language to me and it would be too little and on the other hand, because I only write in English, my Greek would have no feeling!!!

The Curious Cat said...

So organised! I'm not doing so well with one week left (not even!) having just got back from my travels but hopefully all will be well! xxx

farmlady said...

I love the scarflet. I'm coming up against a time constraint on my knitting and I think I can do the scarflet instead of a long scarf for a few gifts. I love the idea and using a vintage button. Thanks.
My feet have been up for two weeks with sickness so I need to get going now. I will take a nap or two in between the preparations.
Have a wonderful Christmas.