Friday, November 26, 2010

Aftermath

I've eaten more turkey and stuffing leftovers, taken a few naps, and watched the eager early shoppers on this morning's news programs. Frequent yawning is about all the activity I can manage, although I might make a cup of tea and do some reading tonight. I've definitely had too much food and not enough activity this Thanksgiving.

Around 2 o'clock this afternoon I wandered into a few stores, even though the only item on my list was a pack of coffee filters. It was shocking to see the mess left behind by those early bird shoppers. After seeing clothing lying on the floor, display racks in the middle of what once were aisles, and toys taken out of boxes, I'm glad I wasn't around when the madness was at its peak.

Tomorrow I'll get up, shake myself awake, and bake some cookies. The break is over and it's time to get things back to normal. There are cards to write and presents to finish. I just hope I don't need to go into another store this weekend ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I wish my day was as sleepy as yours-we are organizing for our 4 month winter travel and there are always so many details. I did stop by JoAnns for some cotton knit but the line at the cutting table snaked throughout the store. uh, no. I'll wait and pay full price. Enjoy the rest of your holiday,
Mary