Thursday, October 28, 2010

Therapy options

I poke around my small condo, rinse out a few things, wash up dishes, go for walks, and have too many snack breaks. Lacking any cakes or crackers in the house and wanting something to do, I decided to make a batch of lavosh. After all, kneading the soft dough would be like a mini-therapy session, wouldn't it?




These may be gone by Saturday. I've been sneaking a few already.



My physical therapy evaluation went well today. The therapist got me extending further than I had expected and she assigned a lot of homework! - followed by my trusty ice pak :)


Today's walk to the library was over a multi-colored carpet of beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow. Yesterday's rain brought down most of the leaves, and the trees are now almost completely in their winter skins. What a difference a day makes!


Even though I want to be back at work, I am enjoying seeing the subtle changes this season. Usually, I only see this passing by my car windshield. I certainly have missed a lot!


Happy Friday, everyone! I hope your weekend contains some time to be outside where you can notice something you hadn't seen before.

5 comments:

farmlady said...

Beautiful time of the year to take some time off for a tune up. You are doing so well with this recovery. Having lovely weather makes it much easier.
What is Lavosh and is there a recipe?

MyStory of HiStory said...

Good to see you're at a point where you can actually do a bit now & enjoy it! Your description of the carpet of leaves...I can practically picture it! :)

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi farmlady,

I had never had Lavosh until I tried this recipe:

http://www.circle-b-kitchen.com/food-and-recipes/2010/4/28/lavosh.html

It's VERY easy and tasty!

Spring Lake Farm said...

Have a very relaxing and restful weekend!

Sandy

Mug said...

I was going to ask for the recipe for yout Lavosh (of which I have never heard, by the way), but I see you have given a link above. I can't wait to make it...this will be the perfect weekend as our fall weather is back in full swing (after a few days of "pretend" reminders of our summer heat & humidity).

Yes, every "cloud" has a "silver lining", and sometimes it takes the "clouds" to force us to slow our pace and look for the "silver lining". You seem to be good at adapting and making the best of every situation life throws your way:-)...Reading your thoughts has certainly helped me to rearrange my priorities a tad at times. Thank you!