Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm only guessing

Last week I made a stop at the secondhand store to find some "raw materials" of clothing I could refashion. I found a few and then looked through the housewares where I found this...thing. I have a hunch about what it was used for, but perhaps someone out there knows what it is??? (I'm not even sure all the parts are there.)

















There is a cone-shaped piece of metal that fits inside the lower part. the handle pushes through the upper part. There is a hole that runs through the bottom half. Any ideas? Could it be some sort of sausage casing filler? How about the patina on it? It must have been well-used for years. I'm sure that for sanitary and health reasons it should not be used for food now.


Okay folks, have you ever seen one of these before? Please tell! Or guess?

4 comments:

phem said...

It looks very interesting but I do not have the slightest clue what this thing might be for...

Maria said...

I am clueless....hopefully someone knows, and if not, I'll show your blog to my dad...he should know!

farmlady said...

I have no idea but it's an interesting conversation piece for your coffee table. Let us know if you come up with an answer.

MyStory of HiStory said...

Hmmm...don't know - but I sent the link to my in-laws to see if they can identify it :)