Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Self-Stitched September line up for the week

This is what I will be wearing for the next few days. Made of my own hand (well, partially) ...

Monday was a no work day so I wore a white top cut from the same Simplicity pattern as the green top I wore on Friday. The original sport shirt that this was cut from had some black detailing, which I couldn't avoid. I incorporated that into the neck trim. I also took it in a smidge because the green one is a little loose. It worked.





(before)





(after)



Tuesday I'm expecting a long day at the office so I'm wearing a simple, fuss-free dress that I made earlier this summer. Considering the weather is going into the mid 80's, this will work for me.







Wednesday, another warm day, another light dress.






Thursday, here's one you haven't seen before! I've always wanted a skirt from this material. It's that summer-at-the-club stuff, blue and white striped seersucker-like cotton. I found it in a button-front skirt that was too long so I did a refashion.





(before)




Using an older pattern as the base, I omitted the waistband and cut it lower so that it's more of a hip-hugger fashion. Instead of making facings, I put a small band on the edge, then stitched up most of the front. Only the top three buttons work, eliminating the need for a zipper. And there's a small unstitched section at the bottom, creating a flap. This white (secondhand) blouse will complete the outfit.





(after)




Next listing will be on Friday. That means I've got some stitching to do :)


Check out the other participants of Self-Stitched September, and their creations. Sewing machines are humming all over the world :)

Meanwhile, I made a visit to the Goodwill, and could have brought home a carload of clothing to refashion. I had to keep putting things back, because it was too easy to fill the cart! I only bought the items of which I could picture definite refashions in my mind. I may be coming up short on 30 items for Sept, but I'm plugging away at it! Oh, there were also some books and other stuff that ended up in the cart ... don't know how that happened! ;)

9 comments:

Mary said...

I love all the pieces you are wearing this week, especially my fave-the coral dress. Have a nice work week!

lisa said...

I love all your remakes. I really need to sit down and try it..Your clothes are coming out so nice. Thank you for leaving all your wonderful comments.. They help so much...(hugs) and have a wonderful day and week ahead..Lisa

Scruffybadger said...

I am also really impressed at how you can turn sports shirts into wonderful more feminine tops! You are a refashionista! Enjoy wearing your self stitched things with pride. I look forward to seeing more!

phem said...

Your refashioned items are very inspirational and I love Tuesday's dress. Plus I am absolutely envious that you can still wear short sleeves, it is so cold around here (55-60 °F) at the moment :).)

MyStory of HiStory said...

Wow -- I still don't know how you sew like that...other than that you do it very well! That's quite a challenge you've taken on!!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thanks to all for your sweet compliments! They're very appreciated :)

Rebecca said...

I really like that simple fuss free dress of yours. Everything looks so great!

Mug said...

Ah...Such talent!

Simply Authentic said...

Love, love, love that first dress! It looks amazing and the navy solid with the mix of pattern up top should be wonderful. The seersucker skirt is very cute too---you've definitely got a talent for alterations!