Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Self-Stitched September - day 1


Here's my first SSS day! I'm wearing an oldie but a goodie. This was a gentleman's shirt from Land's End which I de- and re-constructed about a year ago. I took it in, shortened it, re-set the sleeves, and removed the collar. I've worn it to work many times. It's semi-casual, and the best part is that it never needs to be ironed (Yay!) The fabric is so soft and comfortable, which is a blessing since it's going back into the 90's again today.













Okay, so please excuse me. I have to fix my hair and get ready for work. Please check out some of the other creations of the Self-Stitched September group! They're an incredibly talented buch of sewing enthusiasts! Many thanks to Zoe for being the inspiration behind this challenge.



It's Wednesday, everybody ... have a great one!


3 comments:

The Curious Cat said...

Looks pretty ace - I wish I could stitch! xxx

Mug said...

Very nice!
I loved the grandchildren post, too....Sounds as if you are making wonderful memories for them!

Have a lovely rest of the week!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi folks,
Thank you!