Monday, September 27, 2010

Pictures!

I had passed the hundred-mile mark on my trip before the sun rose Friday morning. The full moon had not yet faded from view. Soon the heavy mist gave way to a beautiful day. I enjoyed being a leaf-peeper in New England in Fall.


If only I had a flatbed truck, a winch, and a few strong men with me, I'd have come home with one of these...





There was quite a breeze, and those little ripples on this lake weren't so little.





This is one of those roads that keep going up



and up



and you wonder



when will it start going down?






Everyone rode the gondola to the site for the ceremony.










How about the view for the wedding?







With respect to the bride and groom, no photos of the wedding ceremony are being posted :)




I needed another snapshot or two of the foliage from my ride home.








An old wringer washing machine, and a very old baby buggy. I would have loved to have seen what was inside the store but it was closed when I drove through early on Sunday.






This moment in Autumn doesn't last long. The leaves turn color and drop. The sun sinks a little lower. The air cools quickly. Then it's gone for another year. Enjoy it while it's here!


3 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Feel like a just got away from the daily grind briefly by reading your post :) Thanks for sharing your road trip. Nice pics & recap :) What an unusual wedding setting. Must have been lovely.

farmlady said...

What a beautiful post. I have never seen the colors of New England but I have a friend who decided to go live there for a few months and see this beautiful time of year for herself. I envy you both.
What a beautiful place for a wedding. What a wonderful trip for you.

Wendy said...

What a gorgeous place for a wedding! I officiated over a wedding this weekend. It was on a grassy knoll overlooking the ocean - not quite as spectacular as the valley-view, but still beautiful.

I need to start heading out to visit some of the antique-like places in the area. Apparently, I'm totally missing out on some cool stuff! Those wood stoves ... oh, my!