Wednesday, August 4, 2010

You say....


potato?

Maybe I should have waited another month, but curiosity got the best of me and I dug through my potato bucket to see what was happening in there......











A handful of small potatoes and a few li'l bitty ones. I had a good laugh over this, and brought two to my mother. Moms are always proud of their childrens' accomplishments, no matter how old the child is ;)

The few I kept will be fried up tonight with some onion and an egg or two. At least it will be a semi-local meal. Will I try it again next year? Maybe, but with a much larger container and maybe with compost from some of those worms I've been hearing about...

And these makes up for the lack of potatoes.....





I woke with anitcipation this morning, eager to drive to the gym. Not only for the workout, but for the drive. Last night the radio announced that there would be a show of northern lights between midnight and daybreak, but may be obscured by clouds. I knew my best shot at seeing this would be in the gym parking lot, an open space with a clear view overhead. Unfortunately, at 4:30 there were a few stars and the moon, but no colors. Sigh :( It's been many years since I've seen that amazing sight. But I'll keep listening and looking.


I've got a possible link to some *f*r*e*e* material! My brother and sister-in-law came across a pile of fabric in their travels, and have offered some to me. I'll be checking into this on Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed for me!


Tonight is a big step for me. I'll be making the first cut on this...






It's Wednesday, have a great one!


4 comments:

Wendy said...

I don't think your potato haul looks so bad ;). With another container or two (and patience *grin*), you might have enough to feed yourself for a couple of weeks. Given you live in a condo, with very limited growing space, I don't think you did so badly.

MyStory of HiStory said...

Your "taters" are quite impressive! Wasn't sure if your compost comment was a veiled request for some of mine? ... or if your considering starting your own worm farm?? Let me know. I'd be happy to "gift" you some - Tho' it would be the first time I ever mailed dirt! :)

Courtney at Scattering Lupines said...

Oh, piles of unwanted fabrics, digging in dirt for potatoes, hoping for northern lights... a post of many wonderful things!

I've always wanted to see the northern lights. Maybe someday.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Wendy,
Thanks for the nice comment. P.S. The potatoes tasted sooo good!

Hi MyStory,
Let me know how they make it through the winter. I might pass a hint around then ;)

Hi Courtney,
If you ever get the chance, stay up and look for them. It's an amazing sight!