Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Yowzah!

It's been a little warm lately. This is the thermometer on the car dashboard in upper CT this afternoon (101 degrees!) I have heard (and read) that the eastern seaboard was in the three digit range the last few days, and even northern VT hit a record 96 for July 6th!




Inside my condo was 79 degrees. I had kept the shades closed while I was away. My container garden on the deck was pooped out, even though I had thoroughly soaked everything before I left in the dark on Saturday morning. I gave them all a thorough drink of water as soon as I returned and they're already perking up.

I'm at the library now. Officials are suggesting that anyone without a/c go to libraries or other "cooling centers". Sounds like good advise to me. I'll post photos from my trip tomorrow. (It was great!) Right now I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Stay cool!

2 comments:

Mary said...

yes, it's hot on the west coast too! I atually used a sun hat for more than an accessory today.

MyStory of HiStory said...

Yikes! It's been SO HOT here too - on the positive side, it is a good excuse to lay low & now do too much.