Saturday, July 10, 2010

Project #2 - I'd better step this up a bit...

...or it will be a chilly September!

Here's my second dress for Self-Stitched September, minus a finished hem. I'll be hemming it tonight but wanted to get this posted today.


I started with a thrifted jersey knit woman's button front blouse and was able to find a solid lightweight knit fabric at JoAnn's that *almost* matches the dark blue in the print. The pattern, another 1970's vintage style (Butterick 3466), is something easy to wear at the office. Total cost was less than eight dollars and I still have leftover blue fabric. It was the end piece which I bought at 75% off.









It's been many, many years since I last had to rip out a zipper and re-do it! But it was worth the effort. I think it turned out respectable.






Tally:

2 dresses
2 athletic tops
1 blouse (previously refashioned from a man's shirt)

.....and another refashion-able dress is waiting on the cutting table!



On the turntable during all this was "The Best of The Big Bands", a two record set. Music from the 30's and 40's. Nice.

5 comments:

Mary said...

May I borrow that next weekend? Thanks! :-)

farmlady said...

Very nice! You're not only talented but thrifty as well.

MyStory of HiStory said...

WOW! How do you do it?! "Respectable" just doesn't do it justice :) Looking forward to seeing what you refashion next.

Courtney at Scattering Lupines said...

I LOVE IT! It looks so comfy and the colors/patterns are so cute! You are good with that sewing machine.

Check out the post I did today. It's all about a girl who is doing what you just did everyday for a whole year (Julie and Julia concept)! I thought of you when I found the blog. You will enjoy perusing her posts, I'm sure!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Mary,
Sure! Just stop by :)

Hi folks,
Thanks! It's just making use of good fabric that still has life left.

Hi Courtney,
What a neat blog! She has tackled some projects that I definitely would have passed by, lol!