Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Finally! A bike ride!


With all the humid, hot weather we've been having, the last thing I wanted to do lately was get on my bike. But we had a slight reprieve for two days so tonight after work I took a spin on that beautiful trail near me, the one that goes through the woods. It was pleasantly cool (-ish) and somewhat crowded. More than half the walkers brought multiple dogs, including some really beautiful ones. I guess we were all looking for some outside activity :) I did a very quick 6 miles (all those mornings at the gym paid off!), and came home to a pre-mixed salad. I'm thinking about a shower and a bowl of cereal, then off to bed. Sleepy time. G'night, all! Sweet dreams!

3 comments:

farmlady said...

How nice to get out and ride a bike through the woods. Six miles is really good. You deserve a shower and sweet dreams.

MyStory of HiStory said...

Nice! We went on a bike ride this evening too on a trail through woods. Actually, on that ride I mentioned your new cast iron skillet to my husband to see if he had any suggestions for ya....the only thing he thought of was to try scrubbing it w/ steel wool.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thank you, farmlady!

Glad to hear you enjoyed a ride tonight, MyStory. (I'll be scrubbing tonight)

Here's hoping for many more pleasant days :)