Wednesday, June 16, 2010

mid-June garden update

Other than keeping everything watered, the workload has been rather light in the garden. I've added stakes to the tomato cage, since the plants are getting tall. And I've used scrap from an old soft cotton knit shirt to make ties for them.













There have been blossoms, but no pollination. I haven't seen a bee around here since early spring!

The onion sets have done well in producing scallion greens. I cut some for stir frys often.

The herbs seemed to need the hot weather to get going. They don't do as well in containers as they would in the open ground, but I will have pesto and dilled potatoes!









Speaking of potatoes......the exposed plant is very healthy! I can't wait to see what's underneath!

3 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Wow - that's impressive! I gather container gardens are rather challenging but you seem to have no trouble at all!

Yiota said...

Gosh! You'll need a ladder to pick the tomatoes!
The potato plant looks very promising!

farmlady said...

Everything is lookin' good.
The potato plant is very pretty. I never thought to plant potatoes in a container. My soil is very rocky here and not good for root veggies. I should try a big pot.