Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hazy, Hot, and oh, my!

Days like today usually come in late July, but it seems that the weather has been a month ahead for a while. It officially reached 93 in NYC and we're just up the street so you know it's hot here, too. My sunglasses actually steamed up when I got in the car this afternoon. (There's no shade in the parking lot at work.) It will stay warm overnight, and shoot right back up into the 90's tomorrow. Peanut butter sandwiches will have to do. I won't be cooking ;)

Please excuse the "blogging lite" around here lately. I've got a lot going on.

I'm working on a project and hope to post about it this weekend.

I'm also doing some research on wildflowers and foraging. Got some interesting stuff!

My bike riding buddy from work had a tougher operation than expected and her recouperation is difficult. She has been home for a while but I'm going to wait until next week to visit her. Even transitioning from sitting to lying down is painful. So phone calls will have to do for now.

The fan is buzzing. The ice in my waterglass is melting. The ballgame is about to start on the radio. Hot fun in the summertime!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

farmlady said...

"Hot time, summer in the city..." We wait for the warm weather and then, when the heat hits, it's with such vigor... but I guess that's what "Summertime" is all about.
Can't wait to see your projects and research on wildflowers and foraging.
Have a nice long glass of ice tea and sit in front of the fan as much as possible...

Maria said...

Looking forward to the info on foraging. I've been foraging my mother in laws yard - blackberries everywhere!!!! She doesn't eat them so she won't pick them......my gain!!!!

We got the A/C fixed yesterday - just in time to take the humidity out of the house. The temp. got to 87 in the house....that was not good!