Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Update for the littlest farm!

I stopped at home during my lunch break today, and decided to water the "garden" since the weather has climbed (jumped?) into the low 90's. As I finished and turned to go back inside I noticed this little guy.



An orphan left by my backdoor! But I know exactly who left him there ;)

In one of the neighboring units is an eldery woman who plants lots of tomatoes each summer. She will occassionally leave a nice red one on the railing for me, if she doesn't see any ripe ones on my plants. Last year I gave her several branches from my rosemary plant, which she likes to use as a rinse for her hair. She's a sweet woman whose native language is not English, but we manage to have good communication.

I couldn't leave the little plant stranded in the hot sun so I found my last mid-sized container and potted it with a good watering. Now it's in good company. The variety is Big Boy so I'm pretty excited, thinking about a fresh slice or two on a sandwich.



P.S. I'm at the library now, keeping cool, and thinking about a tall glass of lemonade.....

2 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Your garden looks great! Have fun on the farm :) Hope you enjoy a bountiful harvest!

Wendy said...

That's so nice. I would love having neighbors who left plants on my doorstep :).