Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sidelined

Several days of scattered rain showers, coupled with allergies/head cold/something wierd, have kept me from biking to work this week. We've had both morning and afternoon downpours, but bright, beautiful sun in the mid-day. So listening to the weather forecast is tres importante!

Also, since last Friday I've had this scratchy throat, stuffy nose, pain in my ears, which is justified by the high pollen count. I finally started taking an over-the-counter allergy medicine (actually behind the counter - I had to show my license and sign for it). I know that sleeping with the windows open doesn't help the condition, but I'm not going to close them and suffer in stuffiness all night.

So the bike will sit inside for the rest of the week. And my goal is to commute gas-free as often as possible starting Monday.

Wishing everyone sunshine and little puffy white clouds!

3 comments:

Nezzy said...

This year this Ozarks farm chick tried something a little different. I read if you took a spoonful of raw honey from your area for several weeks before things begin to bloom you would build up immunity to your local allergens. I started a couple months before the season hit and I'm amazed with the results. You can get the 'raw' honey at your local health food store. Processed honey will not work. Just sayin'....

From the bloomin' hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a beautifully blessed day!!! :o)

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Nezzy,
Wow, thanks for this info (even if I'm already sniffly)!

I have raw honey that I bought in VT. I'll start taking it everyday since I enjoy it. Who knows? It may help, and certainly can't hurt :)

Thanks for stopping by. I hope all is well out your way!

Nezzy said...

Hey sweetie, I just wanted to thank ya for your visit and sweet comment. I do hope ya'll will drop in often, the door of the Ponderosa is always open.

Ya'll have a fantastic day filled with warm sunny blessings!!!