Saturday, May 8, 2010

One Small Change continues

I was pleased to hear that Hip Mountain Mama has decided to keep the One Small Change Challenge going, and will pop over there time and again to check on all the changes folks are making in their lives. For myself, I’ll keep working towards a simpler, healthier, ecologically friendlier footprint. For my next goal in this challenge, I’ve started exploring the fuel that keeps ME going, and cutting out some of those mysterious ingredients that I can’t pronounce. (This is definitely longer than a one month change, especially since we’re going into the peak fresh foods season.) I have been practicing with homemade bread and pasta, and look forward to more kitchen experiments. Sun-dried tomatoes? Spinach pasta? Hmmmm…


If you’re interested in seeing what folks are up to, take a hop over to One Small Change.


And now I've got to look up another bread recipe. I'm about to toast the last morsel from last week's loaf :)


3 comments:

cindy said...

Going to one small change...

Maria said...

I do make bread every three days or so. I use a bread maker though.....(is that bad?) Unfortunately, my time is so limited that I just put all the ingrediants in and let it go and three hours later....voila!

I should probably REALLY make it (hand knead it, let it rise, punch it down, etc). But we do what we can, with what we have.......And I can honestly say, I haven't bought bread in over a year.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Cindy,
I hope you'll enjoy reading about all the different things folks have done during this challenge!

Hi Maria,
I would think your bread maker uses less power than my oven. Smaller appliances are usually very efficient.

No store bought bread for over a year - Wow!