Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fiddleheads

I was quite surprised to find these in the big chain supermarket this morning! For the past few years, I've only bought them at the farmers market or a small organic/natural store. So I've packed them up with the last of my homemade pasta for lunch tomorrow. It's been very busy at work, so it will be nice to have something healthy to eat while I'm nose-to-the-computer! :)






My fingers have been itching to do some sewing, so after work I stopped at JoAnn's Fabrics to look at the cottons for a baby quilt. I'm thinking of bright colored flowers so I bought these two pieces of fabric, purple and yellow. I'll have to sketch something to see what other colors/shades I'll need, then I'll go back and pick out the rest.




Plans for the Memorial Day weekend have changed, and I will be travelling north this weekend! I'll be charging the battery on my camera for lots of Green Mountain goodness. It's about time I changed the photo on my desk at work - it's still one of a snowy mountain :)

My grandchildren will be in the parade, and I'll be on the side cheering and waving. One child will be with the scouts, another with the T-ball team. Even their church will have a float in it this year. It's hometown goodness. I can't wait! Lots to do, lots of good stuff to do!
Hoping you all have a great evening!

4 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

I don't believe I've ever eaten fiddleheads! I saw some at the store recently too.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy the parade!

Maria said...

Enjoy your time up north with the grandchildren!!

Yes, we eat fiddleheads too. Anything that grows wild is fair game in this house!!!

Have a great trip!

Rural Revival said...

I LOVE fiddleheads. We're having an incredibly long season here or really good availability which is just fine with me!

Be well
~Andrea~

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Andrea,
How lucky to have a good year for fiddleheads! Some areas around here are protected from overpicking, so the season didn't last very long. Enjoy your good fortune, and thanks for stopping by!