Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Work-free Wednesday



Today was a scheduled "vacation" day, since I had some errands and appointments. After all was done, I took advantage of this mid-week day off from work by mxing it up a bit in the kitchen.

I mixed up a full batch of granola and since the oven was on, tossed in spelt crackers topped with salt and pepper. I found this recipe via the Smitten Kitchen, and I think it will do quite nicely! (There are many more recipes there that I will be trying:) ) Once these were done, I made a light salad of sliced fennel and extra sharp cheddar tossed with salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. It looks like I've already made the lunch I'll be taking to work tomorrow!

Good work for a chilly, damp day!

2 comments:

Spring Lake Farm said...

Thanks for the cracker recipe. I will be trying my hand at goat cheese soon and what goes better with cheese than crackers. ;)

Lovely header!

Sandy

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I'll be waiting to hear how the cheese-making goes. Please post pictures!