Thursday, April 1, 2010

On Being Nice

And Melissa certainly knows this subject.

I've been reading her blog for well over a year. She's enthusiastic and encouraging and just seems to make people want to do good things for other folks. You can read through archived posts and find emails from folks who have paid for strangers meals, tolls, or coffees. Or just helped someone who was down and depressed. Operation Nice proves that a quick note or a smile and "hello" can make a difference.

Each month Pepsi is giving away grants for well-deserved ideas. And there are MANY good ideas out there. The beneficiaries of the grants will be based on votes, and you can vote once a day for the month of April. I've started voting for Operation Nice, and hope you'll take a look at the website. The goal is to create workshops and toolkits to promote the idea of being nice. You can read the details and decide for yourself if you think it's a good idea. Or check out some of the other contenders for the grants.

While you're there, take a look at some archived posts. Or print out some NICE NOTES, to spread some cheer. Like Melissa says "a little nice goes a long way". And I've found that bloggers and readers are some of the nicest people I know :)


* * * The link to vote is in my sidebar, or can be found on the Operation Nice website * * *

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I think "nice" and "gratitude" go hand-in-hand with happiness. When I remember to be thankful for my many blessings, I feel so much happier, and I want to share how I feel. If misery loves company, happiness does that much more.

Sounds like a great project!