Monday, April 19, 2010

How does your garden grow? (part two)

I've got some bad news and some good news about my Guerilla Gardening. I think I started too early and the weather was too cold, because I still don't see anything sprouting. Oh, except this - a very shiny 3-leaved ivy!

I'll be walking on the pavement now instead of the dirt ;)



Good news: Target sells these in their dollar section.


Including the package weight, these are 5 ounces each. So if there are three ounces of seed in each, I could scatter 6 ounces of wildflower seed this week. The forecast is rain this weekend, so I will save these until Thursday for the best conditions. Crossing my fingers...

So Rob, I'm still trying. And I hope to post some floral surprises this summer! I'm also sending a quick shout out to everyone to maybe pick up a packet of seeds and toss them into the wind :)

No comments: