Monday, March 29, 2010

One Small Change - March recap and looking forward

The intentions for my March change in HipMountainMama's One Small Change Challenge was simply to switch to a safer deodorant. I've been very happy with the mixture that Wendy and Maria suggested. At some future point in time I may try some others out of curiosity, but for now I'll stay with this.

Partway into the month I also decided to "unplug" and not only cancelled my cable service as of March 16th, but gave my television to Goodwill. I haven't really missed it, and the living room looks better without that ugly box that used to sit in the corner. While this type of change isn't for everyone, I've found that there is much less "noise" in my day. I keep up with news on the radio or online, so I'm not missing anything important.

I decided that my April (final) change for this challenge will be to bike to work, weather permitting. We're still in a rainy holding pattern here in the northeast, so a rowboat would be a better choice right now! But I'm looking forward to the gas-free commute for the spring and summer.

Overall, I've stuck with my changes and think they've become part of my way of life. I'll let you all know on Earth Day, when the challenge officially closes.

4 comments:

Maria said...

You done good!!!!!!!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thanks, Maria, it's actually been fun!

6512 and growing said...

Congrats, giving away the TV is huge!

Jaimie said...

Nice work so far! I think you'll love life without a TV! I've never regretted getting rid of mine for a moment.