Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday

It's been a quiet week here in Lake Wo the city. Bills have been paid, pantries re-stocked, laundry folded and put away. This week there were no lunchtime walks for spreading flower seeds due to rain and cold weather. Instead, I took my television and a small table to the Goodwill.

The cable has been disconnected for just over a week, and I find the condo more calm and peaceful. It had been my habit to turn on the news upon arriving home from work, to let it serve as background noise while I changed and prepared dinner. I really wasn't paying attention to it, so it was just noise. I keep up with news and even watched live coverage of the healthcare vote online, so I don't believe I'll miss that bulky box that sat in my living room.

Spring training games have been on the radio now, so once again I can listen to John and Susan.* Or I can tune in to some good music stations on the internet while I do other things.

My only reading this week was virtual. I caught up on my favorite blogs and found some new ones. From book reviews on other blogs, I've made a list of books that I'd like my local library to get on inter-library loan. I'll be stopping there this weekend with my requests.

We're back at the time of year where I can wake to the birds in the cedars out back calling their friends down the street. It's a sweet and pleasant sound. It takes me back to my early days. Those wonderful days when this part of New England was less developed, and birds would sing to you every morning. Were there more birds back then, or have they just relocated to where worms are more plentiful?

I'll be taking my lunchtime walks again next week, with a pocket full of seed packets :)


*Yes, I've been a NYYankee fan for.ever.!


2 comments:

Courtney at Scattering Lupines said...

YOU ARE SO BRAVE!!!! I am always paranoid that just when my TV is gone, they'll air The Sound of Music or Anne of Green Gables and I'll MISS IT!

But in actuality, the only place I ever watch it is at the gym.

Robj98168 said...

Yankees fan??? well I will still talk with you.
Sign Me-
Mariners fan for Life!!!!