Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tuesday, stuff and such

Woohoo! 4 more inches of the white stuff today. It makes everything look so good! It seems a waste to have this beautiful weather when I'm sitting at a computer at work all day. So I'm daydreaming of the time when I can see this outside the windows of a little cabin in the woods....










The No Impact Man (book) arrived today, so you know what I'll be reading next! Thank you, Crunchy Chicken!




Back to painting this week. Next on the plate is the kitchen. Lots of nooks, crannies, and appliances to be pulled away from the walls. I'm saving the bathroom for last since it's small and simple. It will be an easy finish....

I'm looking for another Small Change for February. The coffee switch has been so simple and rewarding that I feel like it's cheating, that I haven't done enough. I'm thinking about cancelling the cable and freecycling the TV. I live without it for the months of May and November, and don't watch it much now..... Anyone have suggestions for something that I might not already be doing?



Oh, I forgot to tell you about these. I have one very good source for vintage patterns. I picked up twenty for one dollar. The sizes might be too big, but I can alter the pattern to fit. I love the last one!

Like I need another project right now :)





6 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i love the no t.v

i could probably be o.k. with that too

the snow looks pretty, especially on the pine cones

i'll be back soon, my friend
kary

MyStory of HiStory said...

Good Morning! I recently saw the DVD "No Impact Man" (I'm pretty sure that's what it was called) at the store...almost bought it. Sounds like a very interesting story.

Also - I bought my husband "The Last Lecture" for Valentines Day. He's been reading it at night & is seeming to really like it. I want to read it too! Thanks for sharing about that one.

Scattering Lupines said...

Ooooh, that pant suit in the floral fabric is SO cute! I found some vintage patterns for a nickel each at a church rummage sale. I want to try one for a summer sundress! I'm still learning A LOT about sewing.

I often think I could live without a TV, but then it's so nice to have around things like the Olympics or when a movie I really want to see comes out (which is rare, but it does happen!).

I'm so glad you enjoyed my Claude Snowman story. I had so much fun writing it, I was hoping someone else would like it, too!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Kary,
Yes, it is the prettiest winter I've seen here in a long time!

Hi MyStory,
Let me know how you like the book, too. There just doesn't seem to be enough time to read/see everything, is there?!

Hi Lupines,
I hope we get to see the sundress this summer. Take pictures, please!

farmlady said...

I admire your efforts to cut back and simplify. You are an example to us all.
Love the old vintage patterns. I guess I must be "vintage" myself.., because I remember some of these patterns. I must have made a few of them. OMG! I'm getting old.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi farmlady,
Me, too!