Monday, February 15, 2010

If you see my reflection in the snow-covered hills...



then you certainly weren't in northern New England this weekend! (*) I drove from Long Island Sound almost to the Canadian border this weekend, and I was stunned that there is almost twice as much snow here at home than at my son's house in northern N.E! But I have to admit, they've got me beat on cold weather!
(More snow in the forecast for us in southern N.E.!)


Saturday night was the Blue and Gold dinner, as my oldest grandson is in Cub Scouts. It was just like old times when his father was a scout. Boys are boys are boys! I had the honor of sewing on his new Webelos patch. Ah, it's nice to still be needed!








Saturday was oh! so cold. It kept most of the ice fishermen off the lake. Not all, but most. There are always those hardy fellows who trek out there for the sport.





Update on health issues up there: It wasn't as bad as I feared, but it's not that good either. This will be one of those lessons in patience that come into our lives when we least expect or want one.


I missed a few folks on this trip, but will catch them next time, once the weather warms up a bit.




* with apologies to Fleetwood Mac!

3 comments:

liveoncejuicy said...

I'm so glad you had fun! It's super freezing here in NE Nevada with hardly any snow this year. Except for today. Today felt like spring. A fake trickster spring that's going to probably spring winter back on us tomorrow. But today was glorious.

MyStory of HiStory said...

Welcome home! So glad to hear you had a nice time. What an honor indeed....to sew on that Weebelow patch :)

Maria said...

Congrats to your new Webelo...brings back many, many good memories of my boys in scouting. Yep, another 4 inches of snow here in Southern CT, too. Oh well. I'm glad you had a nice time!