Friday, January 8, 2010

FW: FW: FW: FW: FW:

I have wonderful friends and family who wish the best for me. I am always in their thoughts and prayers. At least, that’s what you would think by the number of “FW: FW: FW: Don’t break this or …..” emails they send to me. They want me to be rich, have my wishes granted, and hear something that I’ve been waiting for by tomorrow morning. Of course, they always remember to warn me that if I don’t pass said email on to 8 more beautiful women within 8 minutes, I’ll have 8 years of bad luck. They are soooo thoughtful!

Last night I received the first one of these messages - on my CELL PHONE! Okay, that’s enough! I pay for text messages so I really did not appreciate that one.

It’s time to “clear out some clutter”. I am composing a polite email to send to my family and friends requesting that they refrain from adding me when they forward these chains. Actually, they can also skip me for the 101 uses for WD40, lighting candles, collecting bouquets of flowers, and anything that has already been FW: more than once in the subject line. Stop the mindless forwarding. Send me a nice note by email, I’d appreciate that. I don’t need five jokes from the same person every day.

I sincerely hope they understand it’s nothing personal. It’s not them, it’s me. Really. Let’s think about the person at the other end of the wireless when we send these things.

Oh, by the way, please send this to 14 more friends within 14 minutes of reading or…….JUST KIDDING!


Have a great weekend! And that’s not spam.

3 comments:

farmlady said...

OMG!! Thank you, thank you, thank you....
I have wanted to say this for so long and, if you don't mind, I may make a remark and a link about you in my next post. This is so honest and if you don't experience any eternal damnation in the next few days because you didn't forward something to 14 other "dear " friends, you can call me up and we can share some of those 101 uses for WD40 with each other. You Rock!

MyStory of HiStory said...

Amen!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi folks,
I sent out my email yesterday. Only time will tell if I have been deleted from many contact lists!
:)