Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside....

The holidays are over, the year-end reconciliations are under way at work, and the auditors will be there next week to review and bestow their blessing on last year's records. Amidst all the commotion, I decided that yesterday's lunch break would be the perfect time to enjoy a little nature. Once I was out there, however, it was reminiscent of the fable where the sun and the wind were in a competition over their respective strengths. The sun tried to make a man take off his hat and coat, while the wind fought to make him keep it on, or something to that effect. Whoever wrote that story must have spent time outside on a day like yesterday. The sun was outstanding. But when I started walking I realized that I should have dressed more warmly than my coat, scarf, hat, and gloves. Due to the icy wind, I needed a layer of thermals.



So it was a short walk.











These guys didn't mind the cold at all. They enjoyed paddling around in the icy water. I had to snap the photo quickly and move on. They have become so domesticated that they start quacking and rushing over to anyone who ventures near, anticipating food.




So this morning I went to the gym. :)

1 comment:

Scattering Lupines said...

I have been visiting the gym over the parks a lot more lately, too! Pretty photos. I love the one looking over the bridge.