Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow





The worst of the storm missed this area but we have enough snow to last until Christmas! I stuck my yardstick in the snow just beyond my deck to find approximately 9 inches of white stuff. The air is so dry around here that much of the snowflakes were melting before they reached us and the ones that did are light and fluffy. Further south into New York and New Jersey, and further east to the other end of the state received twice as much.


It's quiet here. Very few folks have even gone outside to clean off their cars. I'll get mine cleared by noon....


MyStory, I hope all is well out your way. I'll bet you've already been out playing in this! :)




2 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Beautiful!! I picture you working on your quilt w/ Christmas music playing & a cuppa something warm to sip from as you stop momentarily to view the winter wonderland right outside your door! Enjoy every minute of this white & wonderful day.

We didn't get nearly as much --- mabye an inch! ... I had actually hoped for more - would have loved to have been snowed in today but it was still pretty & makes things look so clean again :)

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

You got that right - Christmas music was the background for the day! Some sewing, some sorting out, and about two hours outside in the winter wonderland. I cleared off my car and then helped dig out some neighbors cars. I enjoyed chatting with folks again that I normally only see during the summer. (Condo folks seem to stay inside during the winter :(

One fellow, who walked to the store for the paper just before noon, said the roads were awful. That's reason enough to head inside for that cuppa! :)