Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Past Due Tuesday #6 - borrowed

Instead of showing off something that I own for Past Due Tuesday, I'd like to lead everyone over to an interesting article I found today. It's about author Cormac McCarthy ("No Country For Old Men", "The Road") who has used one of these while writing his books:



The one he owns needed to be replaced after about 50 years of use. And YES!, he is replacing it with another manual typewriter! I won't reveal any more, please read the article either here or here.


Be sure to check out more
Past Due Tuesday posts over at Roomies. Join in and spotlight one of your treasures, then link to Roomies to share the fun!


* * * * I'll submit a regular "Past Due Tuesday" post next week. * * * *
I couldn't resist this great story!

2 comments:

True Blue Roomie said...

Good for Mr. McCarthy! Just goes to show there is something to be said for "vintage" by lots of folks! Thanks for participating in PDT!

Jan Ely said...

Beg, borrow or steal--just as long as you keep sharing, I will keep learning a new thing or two! Thanks for the lesson!