Sunday, December 13, 2009

Life is what happens...

when you're making other plans. *

In the midst of holiday celebrations and preparing for a year of new beginnings, clearing old slates and tightening unnecessary spending, a curve ball whipped past my ear causing me to spin around, shake the fuzziness out of my noggin and realize that I will be making some moves sooner than I had expected.

I will be painting over much of the next three weekends, taking time for celebrating of course. But the condo will be painted before a consultation with my real estate broker, whom I have already contacted. In the next two months I will be replacing all existing appliances, which have been here since the seventies. Yes, I have an almond kitchen.

Before the condo is put on the market most of my possessions will be moved to a storage unit. Right now I am SO glad I decided to have a clear out this past summer. I have less to sort through in January.

Hopefully, when the time is right, my broker will have leads on reasonable rentals in the commutable area for my job. As small as possible so that I can focus on work, family, and goals.

So much to consider, it boggles my mind.

It's been raining all afternoon. Started lightly, now it's steady. The temperatures are on that freezing edge now and will be dropping tonight. But no snow.


* saying that I found on a tea bag tag many years ago.

3 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Wow!! SO much change at your end...I hope the changes are good ones for you!

Scattering Lupines said...

Wow, talk about a busy Christmas season!

Wish I could come help you paint on Saturdays!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi folks,
Thanks for stopping by. I just re-learned that we are not in as much control as we think. It's the "guidance" thing again. :)