Monday, December 14, 2009

How do I explain?

First, we need to accept the fact that our lives are controlled by the actions of others. And no matter how well we think we've made our choices, there's always the chance that a wrench will be dropped into the gearbox. Such as this one...

The owners of the condo above mine put theirs on the market and moved. (These are small, one level units, stacked two high.) Priced extremely high for a small condo, there was very little interest. Within three months they decided to remove it from the market and rent it out. How do I very nicely say that it doesn't seem to be working out? The other units are all long-term owner occupied with very good people. But this unit, being directly over mine, affects me and not anyone else.

I have examined my choices and decided that selling my unit would be best, since I planned on moving away sooner or later. After selling, I will rent a very small apartment, and thus be free to relocate when the time is right.

I've set some tenative deadlines; painted by the third of January, clear out by end of January, appliance replacement by beginning of February, minor repairs done by end of February, listed by the first of March. Three months can seem like a long time, but it will be a very busy time.

Actually, I feel as if this has been a message from above that I've become too comfortable. So this is my new beginning. It will be challenging - and exciting. I'm looking forward to a new adventure.

4 comments:

Scattering Lupines said...

Great outlook! Good for you! Shame that some people can be so hard to live with-- or UNDER.

Maria said...

Sorry it had to come to that...I wish you the best of luck getting everything done and the condo sold!

MyStory of HiStory said...

Oooohh - that is a shame - It is too bad tho' that people - by their actions & choices, lack of consideration, etc. etc. etc. can so negatively impact others around them. ugh! I admire your outlook as well!! It sounds as if all goes according to plan it could indeed be a very good thing. I do hope so.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hello folks,
Thanks for your comments. It's just one of those things.

Weighing all options, I think I'm making the right choice.