Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving dilemmas

Such as whether the leftovers are better than the actual turkey dinner. Is the versatility of the cooked, cubed or shredded bird preferable to the unadulterated fowl on the Thanksgiving table? I gladly struggle with this question every year. This evening I brought some turkey home with me, passing on the remaining side dishes. I have enough in the freezer for a delicious pot pie sometime in December, and a few servings of curried turkey, which I will be making for lunch tomorrow.

And yes, I decided to take it easy, no seconds. After all, I will enjoy it all again later this week!

Now here’s one for the books: Driving home tonight I found a station playing nonstop Christmas music. They even have jingling bells in between the songs. Um, hello? It’s November 21st.

2 comments:

Scattering Lupines said...

Some stations here are playing Christmas music too. Dang marketing ploys.

Just a few years ago they didn't start playing it until December 1.

Although, I must admit, I am guilty of swinging through Starbuck's yesterday JUST to get a seasonal peppermint mocha drink.

This consumer culture REALLY does not help the fact that I have trouble waiting until December for certain Christmas treats!

But, aside from the peppermint mocha, and the occasional behind-the-scenes preparation, I am WAITING.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I haven't been in a Starbuck's in years - but - a peppermint mocha? Sounds delicious!