Thursday, November 5, 2009

T3

Running through my mind this week was a poem I read so many years ago. It’s helping as I cut fabric for this next quilt, which always takes longer than expected.



Put up in a place
Where it’s easy to see
The cryptic admonishment
T.T.T.
When you feel how depressing
slowly you climb
It’s well to remember that
Things Take Time








Poem by Piet Hein (1905 – 1996), Danish scientist, mathematician, inventor, designer, author, and poet, he created the superellipse, which is used as the basis for modern Scandinavian architecture. He joined the resistance movement during WWII.




A little too close for comfort…..
The gal I sit next to at work is out this week with the flu. I waited too long to get my yearly flu shot, now there’s none to be had. So I’m hand-washing, echinacea taking, and fluid drinking. I’ll also be stopping for some Vitamin C on my way to work.

6 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Kudos back at ya for getting started on your quilt. I haven't started mine yet but I did send an e-mail to my friend/quilt coach yesterday in hopes of getting the project started real soon - but --- TTT :). I just want someone there who knows what they're doing to help me get started on the right foot. Wish you were here :)

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Oh No..don't get sick...I felt like I was getting a cold and drank gallons of grape juice and water and took 5000mg of Vit C. and somehow..luckily...I didn't get sick....

Good luck on the quilting front...can't wait to see it....

Stay Well and Take Care

Kary
xx

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi MyStory,
Yes, sometimes we just need someone there to get us started. But once we start, we wonder what we were worried about!

Hi Kary,
Glad you fought off the cold! I'm on the Vit C and fluids. I have to pick up more juice in the morning. Another gal at work left today, not feeling well. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Scattering Lupines said...

Oh no! Make sure your getting enough vitamin D, too, so your body can absorb all the C :)

And PLENTY OF REST! (as if you don't know these things... I just REALLY hope you don't get the flu!)

Scattering Lupines said...

I meant to say, what a wonderful poem to have memorized!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Lupines,
Thank you for your concern! I really do appreciate it.

I think I got my Vit D today - I went for my noontime walk. :)

It's a cute little poem, and was easy for me to remember.