Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Family Time


I will be spending time with the northern chapter of my family this weekend, leaving early Friday morning after waking from the stupor that envelops one after gorging themselves on Thanksgiving. So while throngs of people are storming the front doors at malls and big box stores, grabbing whatever "gifts" they can reach in the crowds, I'll grab a hot cuppa joe, and then be on my way to talk, play, and laugh with my little dears. We'll stay warm with the woodstove, we'll cook together, eat, and make some memories.

I'm hoping for at least one day of sunshine, which may not happen according to the weather reports. Either way, I'll take a few snapshots of where my heart lies.

Wishing you well, whether you are at work or play these next few days. Peace.

2 comments:

Scattering Lupines said...

Peppermint Mocha INDEED! It's my FAVORITE Christmas drink. I get half the normal amount of chocolate put in it so I can still taste the coffee. They flavor their drinks TOO much, in my opinion. But, it's still the best cup of liquid holiday on the market!

Let me know what you think if you try one!

MyStory of HiStory said...

Have a wonderful weekend w/ your family Farmgal. Drive carefully & Happy Thanksgiving!