Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Time to Do Something

By the posts I've read these past few months, we've all enjoyed a beautiful Fall. The trips, the foliage, the hikes, it's been one of the best. There were dozens of blogs I have stumbled upon with stunning photos in forests and from mountaintops that really made me want to be there. But what if those forests and mountaintops were no longer there? Think about the photos you took this season and imagine them gone due to man-made deforestation.

By no means would anyone call me an activist. I live as I believe, trying to walk lightly and leave behind only memories. But this post on the Green Phone Booth really shook me. I can't possibly say it any better than Green Bean or the folks at CoalRiverWind. Please read it, watch the video, help spread the word.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Scattering Lupines said...

On my way to read it...

I totally agree! I've changed my cleaning products to biodegradable cleaners and started recylcing everything I can get my hands on in the last 2 years. I've been supporting farmer's markets, too. I just have to figure out how to use my car less.... I'm leaving a huge TIRE PRINT on the earth there.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hello Lupines,
Yes, transportation can be a problem, depending on where you live. I wish I could take the bus to work, but it doesn't go in that direction.