Monday, October 5, 2009

Harvest Time



I've had dirt under my fingernails for as long as I can remember, maybe even longer.... :)

This weekend I harvested the "crops" on my back deck. I now have bunches of parlsey and basil to freeze, some hot peppers, and pepperoncini (which has already been processed into giardinere.) I'm letting the rest of the dill go to seed for next years planting, and the cilantro did not fare as well this year.

Now, I wish I could grow some of those tomatoes my mom did back in the 50's.

4 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

looong before hand sanitizer .. & you're still alive! :) Hmmm --- perhaps there's some truth in "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Cute pic.

Scattering Lupines said...

Love it. The picture is a perfect statement!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

You described the town of Harmony perfectly. That is EXACTLY how it is...

I love your photo..it is adorable....

More later,
kary

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hello friends,
Hopefully, in a year or so I'll have a "now" picture to go with this "then". :)