Friday, October 30, 2009

Golden Days



October was a beautiful month. The colors rivaled those of the first spring bulbs. But as the saying goes * ... "the days dwindle down to a precious few..." I hope you're enjoying these precious days! And maybe looking forward to what's around the corner.... :)




* Maxwell Anderson, playwright, 1888-1959: "And the days dwindle down To a precious few, September, November - And these few precious days I'll spend with you, These golden days I'll spend with you"
The first time I heard this it was being sung by Frank Sinatra, but here is a LINK to Willie Nelson's version.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

WOW - beautiful ...

Maria said...

Beautiful quote! I had never heard it before!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi folks,
As an afterthought, I've added a link to hear the tune.

Hope you have a great weekend!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I just listened to it as my birds are here feeding for the evening. It was lovely. Thank you.

Best,
Kary
xx